The Berkeley Rose Waldorf School invites all families to explore and discover our unique, inspiring and supportive curriculum . Neither Waldorf knowledge nor experience are keys to gaining access to this rich educational environment.
Admissions process overview
- Schedule a tour and/or attend an open house event
- Apply to a program
- Receive decision letter
- Sign contract and send tuition deposit
Mid-year enrollment (2016-17)
We have spaces in our classrooms for the current year. Please contact us if interested in mid-year enrollment.
To learn more about our programs, request a tour, or RSVP for an open house, please complete an inquiry form.
If you prefer to talk with our Enrollment Coordinator, Karen Hunt in person or need assistance completing the form, contact Karen at email@example.com or call at 510.859.7679.
Open Houses & Tours
You and your family are welcome to join us for our Open House events at one or both campuses. View dates
Programs schedule & ages
September 2017–June 2018
|8:30am – 12:30pm
8:30am – 12:30pm
8:30am – 1:00pm
8:30am – 2:30pm
8:30am – 2:30pm
8:30am – 3:00pm
8:30am – 3:00pm
8:30am – 3:00pm
Dismissal – 5:30pm
|Age 2 by 3/1/2017
Age 3 by 9/1/2017
Age 5 by 12/1/2017
Age 6 by 6/1/2017
Age 7 by 6/1/2017
Age 8 by 6/1/2017
Age 9 by 6/1/2017
Age 10 by 6/1/2017
Age 3 and up
Tuition Rates 2017-18 (monthly)
|Three-Day Rosebud* Nursery
Three-Day Marigold** Nursery
Four-Day Marigold** Nursery
Five-Day Marigold** Nursery
Tuition payments are spread out equally over a 12-month period, though our school year operates from September through June.
* Rosebud Nursery is a fixed 3-day schedule, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
**Marigold and Buttercup Nursery schedule choices are subject to limited availability.
Tuition & Deposit payment
Deposit of one month’s tuition
A one-time non-refundable deposit of one month’s tuition (1/12 of the annual tuition) for each student is required to secure a space in the class. This annual deposit will be applied toward the final payment for the academic year once the full tuition has been paid, but is otherwise non-refundable.
A one time Enrollment Fee, of $195, will also be applicable and due upon acceptance along with the deposit.
Tuition payments may be made annually, or in 12 equal installments due on the first of the month. For any payment received after the 10th of the following month, a $50 late fee is assessed. Tuition payment is processed through an online payment system. Details will be provided in your Admissions Acceptance packet.
January 20, 2017 deadline
We offer financial aid to make our school accessible to all who value Waldorf education.
Reductions in tuition are based on an independent assessment of a family’s financial need. Each family must reapply for tuition assistance each year. Applications for tuition assistance are available online. The financial aid application deadline is January 20, 2017. Tax forms must be received by February 17, 2017. Later applications may be considered only if funds are still available.
Admissions deadlines for new students
2017-18 School year
January 20, 2017……Admissions Application and Financial Aid Deadline
March 17, 2017…..Decision letters sent to new applicants
March 17, 2017…..Announcements of financial aid allocations mailed
March 24, 2017…..Signed contracts and deposits due to Berkeley Rose office
Parent involvement is vital in all Waldorf schools. It’s a way to show our children how communities are built and helps connect families in a larger way. It’s also how we keep our tuition as low as possible. Berkeley Rose asks that parents work at least 20 hours (per family) each school year in areas where help is needed, such as facility beautification, events, toy making, and more. Contact the Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability and/or skills.
Detailed first-time admissions process
- Contact the Enrollment Coordinator to schedule a tour and/or attend an open house event as noted on our Admissions Calendar. This gives the family the opportunity to learn more about Waldorf education, the Berkeley Rose Waldorf School, to meet the faculty and to meet other parents. It will be necessary to attend either a tour or an open house in order to begin the enrollment process.
- Upon submission of an application, payment of the $75 application fee ($125 for two or more children), attendance of a tour or open house, parents will be contacted for an interview. Applications and Application Fees are due in the school office by – January 20, 2017. Applications received after this date will be considered if space is available.
- Decision letters for new students will be emailed on March 17, 2017.
- Upon acceptance by the school, a completed Tuition Contract, a non-refundable, one-time Registration Fee of $150, payment of a Tuition Deposit (see below) and a supply fee for each student will be due. Non-refundable Deposits and Enrollment Fees for all students are due in the school office by – March 24, 2017.
- The enrollment process is complete upon: 1) Payment of Enrollment Fee 2) Payment of Tuition Deposit 3) Submission of completed and signed Tuition Contract and 4) Confirmation of enrollment in the tuition management system.
Frequently asked questions
Can my child join even though they didn’t start in Berkeley Rose’s preschool?
Yes. We welcome children at any grade level as long as there is room in the class.
Can my child join after attending a public or private school?
Yes. We welcome children who have attended other preschools, kindergartens, or even in the grades from other public and private schools.
Can my child join mid-year?
Yes, as long as there is an opening in the appropriate class. Please contact us so we can work with you.