School Office Manager
Post date: May 11, 2017
Berkeley Rose Waldorf School is excited to seek a office manager to start during summer 2017.This salaried position is hired by, and reports to, the Head of School. As the office manager you will:
- Ensure that day-to-day needs of school’s functioning are managed effectively, working closely with other functions to ensure faculty and parents are met and supported
- Supervise reception, outreach and enrollment staff to support execution of outreach and marketing initiatives aligned with the strategic growth plan
- Develop and supervise processes and procedures to support the efficient functioning of front office, communication with parents and coordination with teachers
- Maintain school calendar, schedule appointments, special events or staff meetings as needed.
- Prepare and accurately maintain digital files, records, reports or other documents.
- Use the budget as a tool to achieve School goals
To be successful in this role, you need to be an effective communicator with excellent management skills.
This is a full-time, year-round salaried position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and tuition remission. The position offers a creative opportunity for a skilled administrator to have real impact on the functioning of a much-loved school supported by a dedicated staff, teachers, Board, and parents.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in leadership, teaching, or managerial roles.
- Ability to prioritize, respond to critical needs, discriminate appropriate person(s) for addressing issues and directing accordingly.
- Ability to work well under pressure, highly professional, able to manage priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to organize, delegate, and coordinate work assignments.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and ability and maintain positive working relationships among co-workers, parents, students, and members of the wider community.
- Proficiency with office equipment and software including Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Knowledge or prior experience with BigSIS, WuFoo, Square, Facebook, WordPress desired.
Berkeley Rose Waldorf School strives to bring the ideals of meaningful learning, independent inquiry, and well-roundedness to every student. Our school offers early childhood through grade four education, (adding a grade each year), including Spanish, Mandarin, Games, Violin, Eurythmy, and Handwork. In addition, we have a parent/child program to introduce young families to Waldorf education.
BRWS is a developing school with AWSNA and full member of WECAN.
To apply, please send a letter of interest (including a brief biographical sketch), three references, and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Childhood Assistant Teachers
Berkeley Rose Waldorf School is seeking Waldorf-trained teachers for fall early childhood programs. The ideal candidate for assistant teaching positions will have a minimum of one year in Waldorf teacher training, and experience working with young children. We expect all teachers to be committed to self-development, parent work, and open, direct communication with colleagues and parents.
Applicants applying for a position in our licensed nursery are required to have 12 qualifying early childhood education units obtained by their start date; kindergarten applicants do not need ECE. The summer programs run mid-June through all of July; hours vary, depending on position. For the fall part-time positions, we are seeking teachers for both morning (8am-2pm) and afternoon (noon-5:30) programs.
Berkeley Rose Waldorf School, in its eighth year, currently serves children in nursery through fourth grade (growing a grade a year), with a student body of 130. Located near downtown Berkeley and the Cal campus, the school is easily accessible by bus, rapid public transit, and bike. As a community, berkeley rose offers an environment in which communication is transparent, compassionate, and open, and where diversity of all kinds is supported. It is a school that is open-minded and supports families exploring and discovering the best choices for their children. berkeley rose Waldorf School is a nonprofit 501c3; is a member of WECAN; and is a developing member of AWSNA. On the About Us page, you may view the dynamic group of educators who make up this growing school.
Grades Volunteers for 2017/18
Post Date: May 11, 2017
Berkeley Rose Waldorf School is seeking volunteer assistant teachers for its lunch, handwork, and games programs.
Ideally, assistants are trained or actively pursuing certification in Waldorf education, and are open to learning from Rudolf Steiner’s indications. Assistants are encouraged to access guidance from experienced teachers, as part of their education. With time, assistant teachers substitute in classes in which they feel confident.
We hope to find volunteer assistant teachers who:
• have knowledge of or training in Waldorf schools / anthroposophy
• are experienced with elementary-aged children
• have an ability to self-reflect and collaborate with colleagues
• are reliable and consistent